The weather in central Ohio is starting to turn, which means Buckeye wins, falling leaves, and yes, prepping your home for the coming thaw!
If you own a home, then you’ll want to be sure to maintain its condition by following this checklist:
- Fertilize lawn in early September, then in mid-November
- Check roof for loose shingles and repair as needed
- Clean gardening tools and put them away until spring
- Clean gutters and chimney after leaves have fallen
- Power wash algae, moss, and dirt off facade of house
- Check facade for damage and repair as needed
- Caulk outside windows and weatherize doors
- Take screens off windows if needed
- Turn off outside water (e.g., sprinkler systems, drain pipes)
- Check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Bring inside potted plants
Print the full list using this link so you can track your progress!
If you’d like a referral for a good handyman – I’m happy to help. Just let me know!